Saturday, February 7, 2009

Aloof

I've always wished I could be distant and uncaring. You can seem so cool. Take up smoking, even.


Who's that guy?

I don't know.

He doesn't look like he gives a fuck about anything.

Cool.


It just wasn't in the cards, though. When I find people I like, I strip naked of pretense. And the guy who comes out of the can naked at the dinner party ends up leaving early. I'm just a kid excited to have someone to play with for a change, but intense earnestness can really fuck some shit up.

Then other people tend to wish I were more aloof, too.
(Then I shouldn't give a fuck, but I still do.)

1 comment:

  1. I am not good at aloof. I'm too insecure and have a pervasive need to overshare to make sure that people know who I am before they can make assumptions.

    I think I come off as a bitch sometimes though.
    Which I am okay with.

    ReplyDelete