Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just once

Just once I would like to be able talk to you without wanting to repeatedly slam my open palm across your face like a busted shutter, thwack, thwack, thwack, thwack.

Just one time I'd like to control myself when you're trying to have a civilized conversation with me and discuss our daughter's schedule, and not blurt out, "YOU FORGOT TO CLEAN THE GERBIL CAGE!!!! IT STINKS!!! CHRIST!!!!"

Just for a laugh, to see what it'd be like, I would sure like to bury the hatchet. Let things go. Do what I keep telling everyone I'm trying to do. But really do it. Instead of twisting my mouth into an evil-clown frown when you come into the room and mutter monosyllabic things under my breath at you like fucking Tarzan..

Instead I visualize punching you in the back, hard, as you're walking out the door.

Kicking you in your flat ass as hard as I can as you're sauntering down the stairs, so that you lose your footing and fall face-first on the marble staircase and shatter all your front teeth.

I'm not saying I want to like you all the time.

Just, maybe, like, I dunno. Once.

1 comment:

  1. Writing is cathartic. Any way, every time I read this stuff, I am newly horrified, and resolve to never be like that guy.

    ReplyDelete